Thursday, April 14, 2011

Goo Goo for Baba

One thing you hear from adoptive parents is how adoption is tough, and I truly believe that you really don't know how tough it is until you experience it first hand. The waiting is excruciating. The paperwork is... well, paperwork. Not too exciting, and at times a bit overwhelming.

I am going through a mix of emotions lately. I have been mad, sad, crushed, and agonized by the wait. It just seems so long, and I am not good with waiting. Oh, the Lord knows that I am not good with waiting. It makes me all nervous inside, and my mind is racing. I am a worry-wart by nature. I worry about everything. Right now, a chief worry in my mind is regarding Wu being cared for. I long to know that my child is safe and well cared for. I want to see his/her face, and hold him/her close to me. It's not possible right now, and logically I know this. I know there are timelines and paperwork for a reason, and a good reason. But my heart is aching.

I was having a bad day this week. Some adoption criteria was changed, and really it isn't a big deal at all. But at the time, it felt like another huge hurdle standing in my way, between me and my baby. Well, that day Joey and I took all of the children for physicals for the application. The children were really well behaved,and our pediatrician really seemed excited for all of us. And I believe he could tell the children are really excited too. Anyhow, we get all of the paperwork filled out and we head for the van to go home. I decide to look over the paperwork before we leave, and I was humbled and excited about what I saw on those forms. Our pediatrician noted that all of the children were in excellent health, and in the extra remarks section of their forms, he wrote, "excellent parents." Wow! When I say the little things mean the most to a person, I truly mean it... they do! Our pediatrician did not have to write anything down in that section, let alone something about Joey and I, but he really made us feel lifted in spirit.

Besides physicals, I have been filling out the other necessary forms needed, and started on the form with ALL of our addresses from the time we were 18. We have moved 11 times since then! I cannot remember all of those addresses, but I needed them for the form. So I make mention to Joey that I needed them, but didn't know how to get them. I tried a search engine online, and had no luck. Joey, being the wonderful man that he is, goes away for a while and then comes back with ALL of the addresses! Oh how I love that man!

Joey has also been moving as quick as he can to get work verification and other documents completed for me. He comes home from work, and asks me if there is anything that he can do to help me complete things faster! He is amazing! And, have I told you all how much I love that man?!?

Seriously, I think this whole process is making me fall more and more in love with him. And I didn't think that was possible, but I guess it is. I am so blessed to have my best friend for my husband.

Until next time,
Tasha

Wu, Mommy is going goo goo over your Baba. God has really blessed you with the best Baba there is, and I know you will love him. He is so anxious to bring you home, as am I. Your brothers and sisters were so excited to tell their doctor about you. Lucy told me this week that, "Mommy and Daddy need to hurry up and go to China to bring back the baby." She wants to meet you so bad. We all want to meet you. A little less than 5 months from now, we should see your face and get to know you through your foster child report. I am looking forward to sending you something special in the mail. I pray a special blessing over you tonight. That God keeps you safe, and blesses you with great caregivers who shower you with love. I pray that you feel our love deep within your heart. Amen. Sending you our love, Mama

No comments: