Monday, February 6, 2012

DTC and a Lousy Blogger

The lousy blogger would be me. We have been DTC since Feb.2nd. We were in Texas for the week for a Scentsy get together and my niece's baptism. Well, I knew about being DTC but I could not locate my blog without my computer, which was in LA.

The good part of being in TX was that we could celebrate with family, which we did. What does a multicultural family do to celebrate, you might ask? We grilled steak fajitas of course!!

While in TX, we met an old friend and made some new friends over lunch in China town. I think they Americanized the meal for us, but it was very good. We were able to practice our chopstick skills. Joseph and Lucy were the only two children that came with us. Emma and Silas stayed back to play with their cousins. Anyhow, Lucy and Joseph were doing quite well with their un-altered chopsticks. They were both managing to get food into their mouths, which I find quite impressive.

After the meal, we all walked over to an Asian novelty store where I purchased everyone chopsticks and a few training chopsticks for the children. Then we walked a little further to a grocery store where our friends explained different ingredients and what they were used for. I was told how to make congee, and I bought some meat floss for Lee. What is meat floss? Well, I have been wondering the same thing ever since Lee's updates mentioned that he eats it. Meat floss is very finely shredded beef jerky. It should store quite well until Lee comes home. And before I forget, the secret to good congee is sushi rice! Just add extra water when cooking and then smush it up into a porridge when it is done. Voila! Sprinkle some meat floss on top and he should have a taste of his first home.




It was a really fun time at my sister's house and at China town, but now we are back to reality. Back to waiting. We shouldn't have to wait long for the next step which is LID or log in date. China usually logs in the dossiers within 3 weeks of receipt. Then the real waiting begins again. This time for LOA. We are hoping that this goes rather quickly. Not only for us but for 2 other dear friends of ours who wait for their children as well. So if there are any prayer warriors reading this post, please lift us all up in prayer as we wait and pray that our waits will be short. Thank you!!

Blessings,
Tasha

No comments: